Media Contact: Sharon Pomerantz
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sample Scuba, Rock Wall Climbing and International Cultural Acts, Plus Meet Your Favorite Travel and Adventure Experts
Travel & Adventure Show Arrives Meadowlands Expo Center Free Parking and Door-to-Door Convenient Mass Transit Available
New York, NY (September 30, 2010) – The Travel & Adventure Show is the ultimate travel experience, imagine taking scuba lessons, climbing a rock wall, meeting travel experts and explorers, plus seeing cultural performances – all in two days. The show will present speakers and workshops catering to a variety of travel destinations, cultures, activities and budgets. During the weekend of October 16 -17, 2010, the Meadowlands Expo Center will host more than 150 exhibitors with travel-themed activities, expert advice, special discounts and prize trips. Visitors will find authentic travel experiences ranging from eco-tours, safaris, and volunteer vacations, to cycling and culinary tours.
The Travel & Adventure Show is being held at the Meadowlands Expo Center, 355 Plaza Drive, Secaucus, New Jersey. Hours are 10:00 AM-5:00 PM on Saturday; 11:00 AM-4:00 PM on Sunday. Free parking is available at the Meadowlands Expo Center, in addition to easy and low cost door-to-door mass transit from New York City to the show via NJ Transit and Port Authority bus service. Tickets are $10.00 at the door, $8.00 online at www.adventureexpo.com with PROMO CODE: PRNY.
Featured Speakers October 16-17 Include:
- Arthur Frommer, renowned budget travel expert, on authentic and affordable travel for 2010-2011
- Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die
- Celine Cousteau, famous filmmaker and environmental advocate, granddaughter of legendary Jacques Cousteau
- Peter Porterfield, adventure journalist and editor of GreatOutdoors.com
- Julia Dimon, travel TV host, World Travels, and self proclaimed “Travel Junkie”
- Rainer Jenss, National Geographic correspondent will explore the benefits of family travel
- Plus destination workshops on vacations presented by Australia, Israel, Nicaragua, Los Cabos and Disney, as well Budget Travel’s best budget trips
October 16-17 Activities Include:
- Scuba lessons from www.beadiver.com: attendees over age 10 need only bring a bathing suit to try the underwater scooter and MP3 player in the 4’ deep pool, plus they’ll receive a souvenir photo and a CD-ROM
- 25’ rock climbing wall: experienced professionals will help guide all ages through a variety of routes and degrees of difficulty
- International entertainment at the Global Beats Stage provided by the World Heritage Cultural Center: everything from belly dancers to Chinese Group Dancers will transport show-goers with enchanting rhythms and fierce moves
- Cultural Pavilion sponsored by World Heritage Cultural Center including: Henna artists, fusion of cultural art, cultural clothing, palm reader, face painting and cultural music
About Travel & Adventure Show:
Travel & Adventure Show is the world’s largest active and adventure travel shows for the trade and consumers. In addition to the NYC show, TAS is presented in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, DC, Dallas, and Santa Clara. TAS highlights responsible, experiential, active, adventurous, cultural and heritage travel with exhibitors, presentations, hands-on adventure experiences and cultural performances. For more information, visit the Travel & Adventure Show website at www.adventureexpo.com.
Become a fan on Facebook and receive the latest show updates on Twitter!
# # #
Note to Editors: Images of destinations, tour operators, lecturers and performers are available on request.